Farm-to-Fork Cooking Experience (All Ages)
Ages: All ages
Hours: 90-minute sessions (See schedule and topics below)
Dates: June 8, 10, 15 & 17; August 17 & 19
*See additional dates and times offered in the evenings and Saturdays
Tuition: $35 per session
Classes are limited to 20 participants
Technical Requirements: Computer, WiFi, and Zoom
Required Materials: Ingredient lists, with items to be purchased, will be sent to registered participants.
Instructors: Mallory Staley and Sharon Hood
Roots Farm is excited to offer to all students and adults virtual Farm-to-Fork Summer Cooking Classes! Students and adults will have fun making a variety of foods, decorate like a pro, learn to cook foods from around the world, master the art of breakfast and dish up some summer classic treats. You will learn valuable kitchen skills that will spark creativity, inspire imagination and build confidence to cook for all your loved ones at home. Chef Staley, assisted by Farmer Hood, will share with you how they will be using freshly picked ingredients from Roots Farm, ie. eggs, honey, herbs and vegetables, to create these tasty dishes. Come and join Chef Staley and Farmer Hood as they teach you how to cook with ease following recipes while learning exciting new culinary techniques to help you become a Master Chef.
Each class is a 90-minute session. We are offering classes that allow young chefs to be independent but we are leaving adult supervision up to the discretion of you - Sous Chef Parents. Parents, please feel free to join in as well and some assistance with set up before class begins may be required. See below for our schedule and what’s on the menu!
These classes below are offered with adult supervision being up to the discretion of the family. Our classes will be paced & designed for young chefs without adult help:
- Tuesday June 8 - Get Sharp, Cut Safe, & Taco Tuesday - 11:00 a.m-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday June 10 - Cake Decorating & Assembly - 11:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday June 15 - Wake Up! It’s Breakfast Time - 10:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday June 17 - Summertime Sliders - 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 17 - Roots Farm Tomato Tortellini & Tiramisu - 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 19 - Candy & Chocolates - 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
These classes below require adult supervision: (Family-Oriented Classes)
- Saturday June 19 - A trip to Paris! Crepes & Eclairs - 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Saturday June 26 - Pantry Paella & Spanish Tapas - 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday August 19 - Carnival Classics - 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Saturday August 21 - Audacious Asian! - Sushi & Dumplings - 11:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
Participants will learn how to source food locally, create with farm-fresh ingredients, and prepare meals for them and their families.
Kids Can Cook (Grade 5-8)
Ages: Entering Grade 5-8 (Adult supervision required)
Hours: 3:00.-5:00 p.m.
Dates: June 7-11
Technical Requirements: Computer/tablet, WiFi, and Zoom
Required Materials: Basic kitchen supplies and ingredients (shared via email about $40).
Instructor: Kate Flint
Learning how to cook a meal from start to finish is an important life skill. One that most middle school children are capable of doing. Participants in this class will learn basic kitchen skills and be able to find joy in cooking.
Participants will make a main dish, side dish, and dessert to serve to their family every night, using fresh ingredients found in most kitchens.