Dedicated in 1899, Tagart Memorial Chapel was built in memory of Samuel H. Tagart, former Board President. The historic, non-denominational chapel is set atop peaceful Chapel Hill and overlooks the front of campus and the main drive.
With its marvelous acoustics, large organ, and baby grand piano, the chapel is used as the rehearsal space for Upper School choral ensembles, and as the performance venue for the Concert Choir's annual Winter Holiday Concert. It is also used for Lower School programs, special events, and recitals.
The chapel houses a 48-bell carillon, one of approximately 180 in North America. Cast and tuned in the Netherlands by the Petit and Fritsen Foundry, which dates back to 1660, the bells chime the Westminster on the hour and at every quarter. Professional carillonneurs play the bells during a free Summer Concert Series.
The chapel is available for weddings and funerals. To schedule an event, please contact Kacey Macomber, Director of Land and Facility Use, at firstname.lastname@example.org.