Send your good news to Meredith Bower at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Schuster '20 was one of seven girls who represented the United States in the Under 17 age-bracket at the 2019 Dunlop British Junior Open squash tournament January 2-6 in Birmingham, England. The tournament featured more than 700 players from over 50 countries.
- The Summer 2017 issue of McDonogh Magazine earned a silver award for the cover design in the 2018 InspirED School Marketers Brilliance Awards. One judge commented, "I love how this cleverly cropped photo draws you [in]and asks to investigate further. The colors and the clean masthead are the icing on the cake."
- Congratulations to McDonogh Girls Socer Coach Harry Canellakis who was named the 2018 All-Metro Girls Soccer co-Coach of the Year by Baltimore Sun. In his 10 seasons at McDonogh, Canellakis has won seven IAAM A championships. He has also been named United Soccer Coaches Private/Parochial Girl's High School Region Coach of the Year. He will be presented with the award in January 2019.
- McDonogh's Middle School FIRST Lego League (FLL) robotics team: Gavin D., Leo D., Max F., Zarina H., Caitlin R., and Joanna T. were the overall champs in a recent qualifying match, with their research project on using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to diagnose astronauts’ medical issues in space! In addition, the team was nominated for the Global Innovation Award. Next, the team will submit a video about their project for the global award and will begin preparation for the state competition.
- Alastair Cho '19 won the US Open Junior Squash Championships Boys Under 19 Consol Finals in December 2018.
- Oletha DeVane of the Upper School Art Department will be presented with the Creative Alliance Honoree Award at the organization's annual Marquee Ball in April. This exceptional award is given to only the most dedicated artists who have made a significant contribution to the arts and arts education in the Baltimore region.
- Lower and Middle Schol World Language teacher Fangfang Ma officially became an American citizen in December 2018. Congratulations!