Elderkin Hall - Campus & Facilities - McDonogh School

Elderkin Hall

Elderkin Hall opened in 1965 as the new home of the Lower School. A two-story addition to Elderkin Hall was constructed in 2001 with classrooms, The Boston Technology Center, and the Kelly Center multipurpose room that includes an educational culinary kitchen. It also features the Carpenter Outdoor Classroom, a tiered outdoor space where students enjoy performances and special events. The building bears the name of Clarence Elderkin, an 1899 graduate who served as President of the Board of Trustees from 1948 until his death in 1964.