Middle School French/Spanish Teacher
The Middle School (grades 5-8) seeks an experienced teacher of French and Spanish who will ignite a love of the French and Spanish languages and cultures in students. This position, open for the 2016-2017 academic year, includes teaching introductory French and continuing Spanish to fifth and sixth grade students.
The ideal candidate will have:
- teaching experience at the middle school level and a strong desire to work with middle school students.
fluency in and some experience teaching French and/or Spanish.
- a bachelor's degree and preferably coursework in the teaching of French and/or Spanish as a second language.
- a track record of working with colleagues to promote the French and/or Spanish languages and cultures outside of the language classroom.
- a willingness to integrate technology into the curriculum.
a desire to work with a small group of students as their advisor.
- a desire to contribute to McDonogh by either coaching or covering another additional major responsibility.
- a clear interest in becoming an active member of the McDonogh community by participating in school activities and working with students outside of the classroom.
- demonstrated a commitment to working collaboratively with colleagues.
demonstrated a willingness to engage in ongoing professional development.
Interested candidates should email Middle School Head Darren Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org.