||World Languages Chair
McDonogh School is seeking an energetic, intellectual, and caring individual to teach Upper School Spanish
- Inspire and engage students in the study of Spanish, creating a dynamic classroom with high expectations for both Spanish language and culture
- Demonstrate a strong passion to be a classroom teacher, always looking for opportunities for ongoing professional development to become a better teacher
- Teach all levels of Spanish to honors and on-level students, from beginners through Post-AP
- Demonstrate creativity in unit and daily planning
- Teach diverse learners through varied instructional strategies and approaches
- Incorporate authentic cultural experiences into lessons
- Focus on language proficiency and oral communication in all lessons
- Express a clear interest in becoming an active member of the McDonogh and independent school community by participating in school activities inside and outside of the World Language Department
- Demonstrate commitment to working collaboratively with colleagues within the Upper School and among the Lower and Middle Schools
- Contribute to McDonogh by either coaching or covering another additional major responsibility
- Be involved in some capacity with the advisory program
Recommended Employment Qualifications
Have a degree in Spanish Language and/or Education and speak Spanish fluently. Latin, French, or Chinese fluency is preferred (or the willingness to study one or more of these languages).
- A positive disposition and ability to function within a highly motivated and fast paced team
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other constituents within the McDonogh community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google (Docs/Sheets/Apps/Email)
- Experience working with Canvas LMS, SMART, and BrightLink
- Familiarity with independent schools and previous experience in an educational setting is preferred
- Must have proven problem solving skills, be self motivated, and adaptable
- Strong work ethic, and ability to work independently
- The desire and willingness to assist colleagues outside of the job description
- All McDonogh employees should uphold the School's mission and philosophy, and demonstrate the School's core character values.
- Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff & community also required.
- Must be able to comply with background check, including finger prints, as required by the agency and / or state regulations.
- Must possess personal qualifications as required, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
Lifting and carrying of equipment is not typical, but may be required on rare occasions. Sitting. Standing. Walking around campus.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume, and letters of reference to Hilary McDonough at email@example.com. Any questions you may have regarding this position can also be directed to Janet Graham, Human Resources Manager at 443-544-7060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Position Listing