||Third Grade Teacher
||Head of Lower School
McDonogh School is seeking an energetic, creative, and caring third-grade teacher for August, 2017.
- Create a classroom atmosphere that promotes joyful learning and a welcoming, purposeful school tone and culture. Training in the Responsive Classroom approach is an advantage.
- Instruct students in literacy and math skills using the Reading and Writing Workshop models and Everyday Math program.
- Express a clear interest in becoming and active member of the McDonogh community.
- Actively participate in professional development in order to remain current with best practices in education and technology.
- Use technology (Smartboard, Elmo, i-Pads) effectively to enhance and extend instruction.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents in proactive and professional ways through websites, e-mail, phone calls, in-person conversations, tri-annual progress reports, etc.
- Demonstrate professional standards of presentation, punctuality, professional courtesy, and discretion.
- Perform non-teaching duties in order to support and assist students throughout the day.
Recommended Employment Qualifications
A minimum of 5 years experience in an early childhood educational setting. Formal training and qualifications in early-childhood education. Masters preferred.
- A positive disposition and ability to function within a highly motivated and fast paced team
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have proven problem solving skills, be self motivated, and adaptable
- Strong work ethic, and ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- All McDonogh employees should uphold the School's mission and philosophy, and demonstrate the School's core character values.
- Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff & community also required.
- Must be able to comply with background check, including finger prints, as required by the agency and / or state regulations.
- Must possess personal qualifications as required, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
Lifting and carrying of equipment is typical, generally under 25 pounds. Reaching, grasping. Sitting. Standing. Stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling. Walking around campus.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume, and letters of reference to Barbara Robins at email@example.com. Any questions you may have regarding this position can also be directed to Janet Graham, Human Resources Manager at 443-544-7060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Position Listing