||Head of Middle School
McDonogh School is searching for a dynamic Mathematics teacher who will ignite a love of the math in his/her students. The teacher will work with our Middle School students, grades 5 through 8.
- The candidate will inspire and engage students in the study of Mathematics.
- The candidate will have earned at least a Bachelor's degree, as well as taken coursework in teaching.
- The candidate will have experience teaching of at least two years and preferably with middle school age students.
- The candidate will have experience as or be interested in working as an advisor to a small group of students.
- The candidate will contribute to McDonogh by either coaching or fulfilling an outside of classroom activity as assigned by the Head of the Middle School.
- The candidate will have a track record of working with colleagues to integrate math with other subject areas.
- The candidate will express a clear interest in becoming an active member of the McDonogh community by participating in school activities and working with students outside of the classroom..
- The candidate will demonstrate a willingness to engage in ongoing professional development.
- The candidate will overtly support and act in accordance with the McDonogh School mission.
Recommended Employment Qualifications
Master’s Degree (preferred, but not required)
- A positive disposition and ability to function within a highly motivated and fast paced team
- A strong work ethic, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other constituents within the McDonogh community
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Google (Docs/Sheets/Apps/Email)
- Familiarity with independent schools and previous experience in an educational setting is preferred
- Looking for a minimum of 2 years experience teaching, preferably in a Middle School.
- Must have proven problem solving skills, be self motivated, and adaptable
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong technology skills- Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel)
- Strong work ethic, and ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to help colleague outside the job description
- Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff & community also required.
- Must be able to comply with background check, including finger prints, as required by the agency and / or state regulations.
- Must lead with vision, integrity, enthusiasm, humor, savvy, and humility
- Must possess personal qualifications as required, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
- Years of subject matter experience, specifically teaching Math
Lifting and carrying of equipment is not typical, but may be required on rare occasions. Reaching, grasping. Sitting. Standing. Walking around campus.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume, and letters of reference to Darren Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions you may have regarding this position can also be directed to Janet Graham, Human Resources Manager at 443-544-7060 or email@example.com.
Back to Position Listing