||Upper School English Teacher
||English Dept Chair
McDonogh School is seeking an energetic, intellectual, and caring individual to teach Upper School English.
- Be able to inspire and engage students in the study of English
- Be able to teach a wide variety of literature
- Express a clear interest in becoming an active member of the McDonogh community by participating in school activities inside and outside of the English Department
- Demonstrate an interest in ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate commitment to working collaboratively with colleagues
- Contribute to McDonogh by either coaching or covering another additional major responsibility
- Have experience working as an advisor to a group of students.
- Overtly supports and acts in accordance with the school’s mission.
- Shows evidence of professional standards of presentation, punctuality, professional courtesy, and discretion.
- Responds to the needs of the school, including, but not limited to, service learning, advisory programs, assigned supervision, and other areas as determined by the School Head.
Recommended Employment Qualifications
Master’s Degree (preferred, but not required)
- A positive disposition and ability to function within a highly motivated and fast paced team
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other constituents within the McDonogh community
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Google (Docs/Sheets/Apps/Email)
- Must have proven problem solving skills, be self motivated, and adaptable
- Strong work ethic, and ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff & community also required.
- Must be able to comply with background check, including finger prints, as required by the agency and / or state regulations.
- Must lead with vision, integrity, enthusiasm, humor, savvy, and humility
- Must possess personal qualifications as required, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
- Years of subject-matter experience (Have background or teaching experience in Upper School English)
Lifting and carrying of equipment is not typical, but may be required on rare occasions. Significant computer use, including extensive close use of a computer monitor. Sitting. Standing. Walking around campus.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume, and letters of reference to Cynthia Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions you may have regarding this position can also be directed to Janet Graham, Human Resources Manager at 443-544-7060 or email@example.com.
Back to Position Listing