The Admissions Office at McDonogh School seeks an administrative assistant and receptionist for the Fall of 2015. The admissions assistant will report to the Director of Admissions & Financial Aid and the Associate Director of Admissions for Lower School. He / she will work closely with the entire admissions staff to support all aspects of the admissions process.
The duties of this position will include:
- Serving as a receptionist in the front office greeting visitors as they arrive for shadow visits and tours
- Managing phone calls to the office
- Assembling inquiry packet mailings
- Providing administrative support for Lower School admissions
- Supporting the Associate Director of Admissions with scheduling visits & tours
- Assisting with the maintenance of applicant folders
- Organizing materials for Lower School testing
- Providing administrative support for all financial aid communication, including applicants and returning students
- Supporting admissions events
- All other administrative duties as assigned
- A positive disposition and a strong desire to work as part of a high-functioning team
- Excellent organizational skills
- A customer service mentality when interacting with applicant families
- Strong technology fluency
- Strong writing / editing skills
- A proven ability to maintain focus on several projects at one time
- A strong work ethic
- Familiarity with independent schools and previous experience in an educational setting is preferred
This position is a full time seasonal position. The Admissions Assistant will work from 7:30am to 3:30pm Monday - Friday, starting in the Fall, ending late Spring. This position is not eligible for tuition remission. The position will be paid an hourly rate commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter to Steve Birdsall, Director of Admissions & Financial Aid at email@example.com.