||Head of Lower School
McDonogh School is seeking an outstanding individual to join an exceptional team as an Associate Teacher. The Associate Teacher is responsible for supporting students in a classroom environment that fosters the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development of lower school age children. This role is ideal for recent graduates and/or candidates who are interested in becoming lead teachers within a two to four year time frame.
- The Associate Teacher will work in a supportive role with lead teachers. There will be ample opportunities for team teaching, solo teaching, and curriculum development.
- Help in supporting all students, as well as the lead teacher
- Assist with group instruction during Reading and Writing Workshop, word work, math, etc.
- Assist lead teacher with classroom management and daily routines
- Create and teach thematic social studies lessons
- Create and teach cooking lessons which integrate elements of the curriculum, as well as an awareness of healthy eating choices/habits
- Assist with taking photos and maintaining the class website
- Attend all team and applicable school meetings (during and after school)
- Attend parent-teacher conferences
- Manage a lunch table with 8-10 students
Recommended Employment Qualifications
Bachelor of Arts Degree is required. Early Childhood experience is highly recommended.
- A positive and joyful disposition
- Ability to collaborate with Lead Teachers
- Experience with Google (Docs/Sheets/Apps/Email)
- Has a genuine interest in other cultures and respect for cultural differences
- Must have proven problem solving skills, be self motivated, and adaptable
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- The ability to learn quickly
- All McDonogh employees should uphold the School's mission and philosophy, and demonstrate the School's core character values.
- Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff & community also required.
- Must be able to comply with background check, including finger prints, as required by the agency and / or state regulations.
- Must possess personal qualifications as required, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene and physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
Evening and weekend hours may be required from time to time. Lifting and carrying of equipment is typical, generally under 25 pounds. Reaching, grasping. Sitting. Standing. Stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling. Walking around campus.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume, and letters of reference to Barbara Robins at email@example.com. Any questions you may have regarding this position can also be directed to Janet Graham, Human Resources Manager, at 443-544-7060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Position Listing